Sign up to serve, study, and more
Now on Registrations- First Step Class; Students- LWSM Lock-In, LWSM D-Groups, Camp Hope, TN Christian Teen Convention; SERVE- Production Ministry Team, Kidz Move Ministry
SERVE Within WHCC
- Production Ministry Team- Various volunteer positions available
- Children's Ministry- Various volunteer positions available
ASL Interpreter for Deaf - If you know basic sign language you can volunteer to assist in interpreting a portion of the Sunday Morning Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. You will receive assistance in increasing your knowledge and skill, as well as in preparing for the portion of the service for which you will be interpreting. A song list is made available about one week in advance in order to give time to practice and prepare.
- Have at least basic knowledge in sign language (preferably ASL, but signed English is acceptable).
- Have time and willingness to practice and prepare for your portion of the upcoming Sunday Morning Services.
- Have willingness to improve knowledge and skill as necessary to interpret portions of Sunday Morning Services proficiently.
- Approximately 3-4 hours during week scheduled to interpret, approximately 1 week per month.
If interested, please contact Cindy Griffith at: 423-646-4247 or email: email@example.com.
Serve In the Community
Faith in Action FOOD BANK
July collection- Canned Fruits. Donations can be left in the round bins in the foyer of the Children & Student Center.
Bag Ladies are a group of ladies who join together to double bag grocery bags for EFIA Food Bank. If you're available and would like to join these ladies in their service, come to WHCC on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 10am.
Come on out and enjoy some fresh air with the WHCC Riders on their motorcycle ride. Below are upcoming rides:
- Saturday, July 22, kickstands up at 10am
- Tuesday, August 8, kickstands up at 6pm
- Saturday, August 26, kickstands up at 10am
- Tuesday, Sept. 12, kickstands up at 6pm
- Saturday, Sept. 23, kickstands up at 10am
Niswonger's Children's Hosptial
We are taking donations for the children at Niswonger's Children's Hospital. We hope to collect the following items:
- coloring books & crayons
- sippy cups
- teen crafts
The collection boxes will be in the lobby of the kid's worship center and in the LWSM student center.
Academy 22:6 is now hiring. If interested please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full time Teacher Assistant: work hours: 8am-4pm
- Part time Teacher Assistant: work hours: Mon., Wed., Fri., 8am-4pm
- Two people for Support Staff: work hours: 3:30pm-6pm, (days vary)
First Step Class
If you are interested in learning more about the history, beliefs, practices, and missions of WHCC, then this class is for you. Pastors Paul, Roger, and Lee will be teaching a First Step Class on Sunday, August 20th. A meal will be provided and childcare is available upon request. Class length is 2 hours. First Step serves as WHCC's membership class, however, taking First Step does not obligate you to membership. Visit here to register.
Middle School & High School students, join us on August 4th for the LWSM Lock-In at the Church! There will be games and activities plus the Student Center & Gym will be open. Food and snacks will be provided, all you need to bring is your pillow & blanket/sleeping bag & tennis shoes. You can register here.
WHCC ASL Ministry
The next ASL Social will be announced soon. Please bring a snack and drink to share or a $5 contribution for food. Additional donations are accepted for the ASL Social.